How to exercise your or your subscriber’s GDPR rights
Under the European Union’s (EU) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you or your subscribers have the right to request that personal data be corrected, provided, prohibited from certain use, or removed from our databases completely. This is referred to in GDPR policy documentation as retrieval, rectification and erasure (“right to be forgotten”).
If a subscriber has requested that you delete all of their personal data, you can perform this action yourself by permanently erasing them from your account, as instructed below.
Retrieval or rectification requests
To exercise your or your subscriber’s GDPR rights for retrieval or rectification, please submit the request through our support contact form (which will open in a separate dialogue box) by following these instructions:
- Indicate that you have a GDPR request in the question box. Please be sure to specifically call out “GDPR” to ensure efficient case handling.
- Select Lists and Subscribers from the first drop-down menu.
- Select GDPR and CCPA from the second drop-down menu.
- Select the data subject right (Deletion, Rectification or Retrieval) from the third drop-down menu.
- Fill in the remaining form fields, including your name and email associated with your account, then click Submit.
Please do not include email addresses, or other personal details of the customer or subscriber. Our support team will reply with a form for you to securely provide these details to us.
About permanent erasure
When you permanently erase a subscriber from your account:
- They will immediately be removed from all lists and segments.
- They will no longer receive any emails sent from your account.
- Their subscriber profile and email activity for reports will be permanently erased.
- They will not be added to the suppression list for your account. (It is up to you to ensure they are not accidentally re-imported.)
Permanently erase subscriber data
Permission required to use this feature: lists and subscribers
To completely erase all data associated with an email address, in accordance with the GDPR.
- Click Lists & subscribers.
- Select the subscriber list you want to work with.
- On the list page, click Remove subscribers in the right sidebar.
- Enter one or more subscriber email addresses into the text box, one address per line.
- Select Erase permanently from this account.
- Click Remove subscribers.
This action cannot be undone.